Please contact your TN Senator (find your legislators here), and tell him or her that it’s essential to support SB 862 when it’s considered on the Senate floor. You can also ask the Senator to co-sponsor the bill. Here are some points that you might want to make by phone or email:
- The bill clarifies that HCSMs are not insurance, and therefore not subject to the insurance code or associated regulations. It is similar to the state code of 31 other states that have adopted safe harbors for HCSMs.
- Preserves HCSMs as a viable choice for Tennesseans who are seeking a health care solution that is consistent with their religious beliefs
- Clarifies for consumers that HCSMs are not insurance and helps distinguish HCSMs from other organizations in the marketplace.
- Preserves all already-existing enforcement authority of the Attorney General to go after bad actors.
- Tell your own story with your HCSM (if you’re a member), or why you think it’s important for this health care option to be available to Christians in Tennessee.